I had to turn the blog off for a while. Judging from the the amount of messages (0) and tweets (0) I received, you all missed me terribly.
Why did I hide my blog? Well, it turns out some dickhead knuckle dragger in the US thought it’d be a great idea to pretend to be me! Yep. So if you come across a hacker with no respect for the English language who is using my photo as theirs, it’s not me. For one thing, I can spell.
Although to be perfectly honest, a tiny part of me is excited that someone – anyone – found my photo irresistible.
I’ve caught myself talking about my blog in the past tense, as in, “I used to write a blog.” While that’s certainly true, it did feel wrong and I’d love to get back into it. There’s something so fun and immediate about blogging that I need to make more time for it.
Anyway, in case you’re wondering what I’ve been doing, which you’re not, here it is:
- Adjusting to life with 3 children. I absolutely love it. I’m tired, I’ve aged, I have no waist, and I’m going grey (“Only 30% though!” my hairdresser told me yesterday, thinking she was helpful) but I’m so happy we have our little Lara. She’s a peach.
- Trying, and failing, to get a bigger house. Oh Sydney, you’re fabulous, but you’re also a bit of a bitch. After being outbid every single time, we’re biting the bullet and we’re….dirty word time… renovating. I believe the word I’m looking for is a cross between “yay!” and “faaaaarck!” We’re putting a second story on the house. What could possibly go wrong?
- Working! I’m part time again after maternity leave, and I’ve got to say, you could not find nicer people anywhere. Seriously. And they’re smart. And they love what they do. And yes – they’re possibly reading this. But I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true.
- Telling people all about the launch of my new skincare business, and then not launching my new skincare business. But it’s COMING! Just not at this exact moment. It’s online, and as you’d expect, you can’t launch an online business when your website dislikes everyone who touches it. So we’re un-glitching which is now officially a word.
- Laundry. So much frigging laundry. How does a family of five, with one of them half the size of my leg, generate so much washing?? It’s outrageous. It’s enough to contact the Daily Mail about.
- Counting down to season 3 of Outlander. If I could, I’d have it on a 24 hour loop and not get up from the couch. Except maybe to eat Minstrels. And Nutella.
So that’s me. How are you?